Best Friends

Best Friends

"Best friends forever"
Is what you said to me
You said nothing would ever change
No one would get in-between.

You said you wouldn't forget me
Or find a new best bud
That you would call and write just To make sure I was doing alright

You were like my little sister
We got along so well;
We told each other secrets and Said we'd never tell

We had our 5:00 walks
So we could stay in shape
We had our little talks
On normal teenage things

Everything was fine
Everything was going well;

You moved away from me
Right then and there I knew
I lost a friend,
Exactly when you said those words
I knew it was the end

You promised to call
But I knew you never would
You did what you said you'd never do
You forgot me...

You forgot the times I stuck up for you,
The times I made you laugh
The times I let you cry on my shoulder;
The times we squeezed in my bed,

And laughed till the late hours
Or the times we fought on who Would get the next shower.
All these memories I still keep

All these memories are stored really deep.
I will never hate you,
I don't think I never could.
I will never forget

I will always see you as the
sister I wish I had.

So, I don't know why you hate me,
I don't know why you don't care
But just so you know,
No matter what I will always be here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment